Opening date: 20th January 2018
Closing date: 8th April 2018
13th April – 15th April 2018
Notification: 22th April 2018
9th June 2018
11th June – 22th June 2018
15th June 2018
A Open/Fine-Art (PID-C) (free subject)
B Portrait (PID-C)
C Humour (PID-C)
Resolution: max 1920×1080
Size: max 2MB
Color space: sRGB
No special naming is necessary.
FIAP Patronage 2018/126
PSA Recognition 2018-089
Entry fee for all categories: 30€
The fee has to be paid by PayPal.
Hard cover, one image per page catalog.
Each category has:
Best of Show Kuopio Award
3 x Judge’s Choices
3 x 1x.com yearly memberships
Gold, Silver & Bronze Fiap Medals
Gold, Silver & Bronze PSA Medals
Gold, Silver & Bronze NFFF Medals
Gold, Silver & Bronze AFCC Medals
4 x Fiap HM
4 x PSA HM
10 x Kuopio HM
FIAP Blue badge for best author
1 x 1x.com yearly memberships
Photography is art causing feelings- both positive and negative- in the audience. People feel and experience the works with a very personal touch. Fine art photography is created in accordance with the artist’s, photographer’s, vision. Fine art is contrary to representational photography like nature photography with documentary touch of the reality.
Portrait is is photography of a person or a group of people capturing the subject personality with lightning, backdrops, landscape and the poses. A portrait picture can serve many purposes from personal memories to public use. Portrait pictures are often taken either in a studio or in milieu. Portrait photographs are also a pictures of period telling histories of persons and people. At present a wide range of techniques are used.
Humour is difficult art, especially humour in photography. Seeing the humour depends on culture, learned thinking and ability to see the fun things in the reality. Humour in picture is photographer’s interpretation about the surrounding world based on the fun insights. Storytelling with both artistic and technical finalization are appreciated.
A. FINE ART/OPEN is our open series. All kind photographs, nature, street, landscape, creative, etc. but images are judged purely on aesthetic grounds and documentary side of the photo is not considered. The production of images to fulfill the creative vision of a photographer. Open FIAP and PSA PID rules are followed.
B. PORTRAIT/OPEN, all kind of people photographs fulfilling the general portrait definitions are welcome. Open FIAP and PSA PID rules are followed.
C. HUMOUR/OPEN, all kind of humoristic and insightful photographs are welcome. Open FIAP and PSA PID rules are followed.
Entry fees and payment
Entry fee for all three sections is 30 € / 37 USD. Only Paypal payments are accepted. Entries without the entry fee will not be judged and will be considered disqualified.
Tiina Haring, Professional Photographer, QEP, MQEP, SAVM, Finland
Petri Damstén, Fine art Photographer, EPSA, BPSA, EFIAP/b, SKsLSM, Finland
Marc Sabat, Professional Photographer, France
Alternate: Petteri Mussalo, SKsLM, EFIAP, Finland
CHAIRMAN: Petteri Mussalo
SECRETARY: Jarkko Tiirikainen
TREASURER: Juha Saastamoinen
International Digital Exhibition Kuopio Photo International is open to all photo enthusiasts; however, an entry may be rejected when the organizer in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
● Entries must be originated as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. ● Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker. All final works must be photographic digital files. Titles of the pictures will not generally be read at the time of judging unless desired by judges.
● With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
● The copyright to the photos will remain solely with the photographer.
● By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own and permits the organiser to reproduce all or part of the entered materials and other information free of charge for publication, low-resolution posting on websites, and/or display in media/advertising related to the exhibition. The Organiser assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
● Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
● If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
● In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
● These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
● PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
Submission of entries
● On-Line Entry: Entrants must submit their entries through on-line submission at http://www.kuopiophotointernational.com
● All entries must be in JPG file format. The color profile must be sRGB.
● Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1920 pixels, Maximum image height (vertical) is 1080 pixels, 300 dpi.
● Images must be saved as jpg files of a good quality. The entry will be displayed on Full HDTV – 1920 x 1080 pixels. Smaller images are permitted but will be projected smaller on screen.
● File size maximum is 2 MB.
● Images may not have any signatures.
● File name and Title: There is need of special naming of images; the given name will be used in the catalogue. Entrants are encouraged to type the names the way they will be printed.
● Each entrant may submit work in all 3 sections, up to 4 entries per section. An entrant’s 4 images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. This means all 4 images of an entrant should not shown after another, more mixed.
● Late entries shall not be judged.
● The decision of the Organiser is final. No appeal shall be entertained.
● The submission of entries signifies the entrant’s acceptance of the Conditions of Entry. The same image (monochrome or Color version) can not be enter different sections of exhibitions in the same year.
● The Organiser reserves the right to use images for print catalogue and any other publicity purposes.